Written By June Holder
It is always a fun festive feel to hang lights to brighten the holidays for those crisp evenings this time of year. In planning which ones to invest in and installation, consider these things:
- How much light you want to bring in—size of bulbs.
- Purchase lights that can be exposed to moisture—rain/snow.
- Connectors need to be where air can circulate to dry out, allowing for water to drain away safely.
- Cover ends joining together with electrical tape or encase with plastic freezer bags for protection.
- Electrical tape or plastic zip ties can hold connectors above ground away from runoff by attaching to branches or handy spot.
- Plastic zip ties can be spaced to prevent the extreme wind from wear and tear, keeping bulbs from banging into things.
- A ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFI) prevents shorts and shocks, and is a safety device for precaution for everyone.
- Stakes are often needed to hold down displays – driving into the ground the entire length 6-8” will help keep the wind in check.
These are just a few ideas to help keep your special decorations from being torn and scattered throughout the neighborhood. Using precautions like this, hopefully we will enjoy a safe, joyful holiday season.
Stratum Real Estate would like to thank everyone who has allowed us to be a part of your lives. We are better people because of knowing you, thank you.