Written by June Holder
When we have a first time home buyer call us and have a desire to start their adventure of finding their first home, we have a few steps we try to help them begin with.
1. Make sure you ask enough questions of your lender, get pre-qualified in the beginning so you won’t end up missing out on the best deal.
2. Be prepared and ready to make a decision, sometimes you cannot act quickly enough to make a decision and someone else buys the house while you are trying to make up your mind.
3. Make sure you find the right agent who’s willing to help you through the whole home buying process, sometimes it takes several offers on homes to get the right one.
4. Often times the buyers are timid and don’t do enough to make their offer look appealing to the seller. Just raising the earnest money, going without a home warranty, or being able to close quickly can be a big help in a multiple offer situation.
5. Make sure you think about resale before you buy, the average first-time buyer only stays in a home for four years. Also, keeping up on repairs will be a big plus when it comes time to resale your property.
Make this adventure a fun one by being prepared and trusting in your realtor to help you make the right decision for your first time home buying experience! Good Luck